Learn Danish at HF&VUC NORD
HF&VUC NORD Language Center provides Danish courses, that match your qualifications and needs in order to learn Danish.
You learn to speak, understand, read, and write in Danish and you will learn about Danish culture, the job market, and social conditions.
The classes are free when you have a referral from the local municipality.
When you learn Danish at HF&VUC NORD, you’ll gain skills in written and spoken Danish, and we can help you reach your language goals, whether that’s learning better Danish for work, feeling more at home in Denmark, or obtaining the necessary language qualifications for permanent residence or citizenship.
Typically it takes a few weeks from your registration to the start of the course.
Choose between to types of Danish Courses
A deposit of 2000 dkr at your visitation interview.
You can get your deposit back when you complete your Danish education. If you wish to stop your course before you have completed your Danish education, you can only get your deposit back, if the cancellation takes place immediately after a passed module test.
The language center decides when you are ready for the module test depending on your individual progress.
Yes, you are, but only between the modules, i.e after a completed and passed module test. It is important that you let the language center know, that you want to take a break before embarking on the next module. Otherwise, the next unit is automatically activated without delay in the teaching process and a started unit cannot be put on hold.
Fill out the form at the buttom of this page or contact our coordinator, Dan Sommersøe at 99 300 329 for futher information.
- You contact HF&VUC Nord (Dan@hfvucnord.dk / +4599300329)
- HF&VUC Nord sends you a referral form to fill out
- You send a completed referral form back to us, along with a copy of your residence permit
- HF&VUC Nord applies with the municipality to start your Danish education
DU Referral (3-10 days)
- If your application gets accepted, your municipality of residence sends HF&VUC Nord a referral
- HF&VUC Nord sends the DU referral to one of our visitators
- The visitators arrange a date & time for a visitation with you
- After the visitation you'll be charged for the deposit
Completed visitation (5-10 days)
- Your visitation returns to HF&VUC Nord and if the deposit is paid, we'll return the completed application to your municipality of residence.
- HF&VUC Nord completes the sign-up for your Danish lessons
Danish Lessons start (1-2 days)
- You will now get a start-up letter with the information about your Danish lessons, including date, time and location